Scheduling a Research Instruction Session
We'll create a customized research session based on the needs of your course and assignment.
For Lincoln Park: Contact Heather Jagman at email@example.com or 773.325.7704
For Loop: Contact Jessica Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org 312.362.7407
- Instruction works best when students have an assignment requiring research
- Schedule your session to correspond with when students are working on the assignment.
- The earlier you make arrangements, the more likely we'll be able to accommodate you.
Other Ways We Can Support You
- Customized Course Guides: We'll create an online research guide with resources tailored specifically to a course and/or assignment. Contact Jessica Guthrie if you are interested in a guide. See our Course Guides for examples.
- Assignment Collaboration: We are always acquiring new resources. Check in with us to see what new materials and services we have to support your learning objectives.
- Support for Online Courses: Where appropriate, we can develop online instruction options to reach students outside the classroom and in distance learning settings.
In keeping with the missions of DePaul University and its Libraries, the goal of the instruction program is to help students develop the critical thinking and information literacy skills necessary to conduct effective library research. Information literate individuals recognize the need for information, are able to locate it using a variety of media and technologies, and can effectively evaluate and use the information they find. These skills support student success not only in their course work but beyond the classroom, providing them with the tools they need to become lifelong learners.